10 Ways to Get INNvolved During Hunger Action Month
Did you know that September is Hunger Action Month? Hunger exists all over the world. Men, women and children go hungry every single day. At The INN, we try to combat the issues of hunger and homelessness on a local Long Island level through soup kitchens and homeless shelters. Do you want to Get INNvolved? There are still 10 days left in September. Here are 10 things you can do to help The INN and countless hungry Long Islanders!
- DONATE TO THE INN’S “SPONSOR A MEAL” CAMPAIGN– Choose either an A La Carte Sponsorship, and pick any thing from the menu, OR opt for the Prix Fixe Level, where you offer a donation in any amount that works for you. Our goal is to raise $24,000, at least two sponsored meals a month for one full year at the Mary Brennan INN soup kitchen. Your contribution in any amount makes all the difference
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO OUR SPONSOR A MEAL CAMPAIGN
- HOLD A FOOD DRIVE IN YOUR SCHOOL, CORPORATION OR IN YOUR COMMUNITY –
The soup kitchen is always in need of food items for our daily meal and our guest choice pantry where guests can bring a bag of food home for the weekend when we are closed.
Click here for our most needed food items and instructions on how to sponsor a much needed food drive
- VOLUNTEER AT AN INN SOUP KITCHEN – Children as young as 10 years old can volunteer after serving hours in the soup kitchen. Come as an individual or group to spend a shift serving hungry and homeless Long Islanders.
Click here for details on how to get on the volunteer calendar!
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS – JOIN THE YOUTH ADVISORY BOARD – Each year, high school students from all over Long Island meet monthly to learn about the issues of hunger and homelessness in their communities. Students hold fundraisers and participate in volunteer activities throughout the year, while earning community service credit
- INNVITE A SPEAKER TO YOUR SCHOOL, COMPANY OR COMMUNITY GROUP
Become aware of the issues of hunger and homelessness on Long Island and find out how you and your group can Get INNvolved!
Click here to invite a speaker
- COLLECT COINS AND “MAKE CHANGE”
Dig in those couch cushions, collect those pennies, nickels and dimes. They add up!
- BOGO- “BUY ONE, GIVE ONE” – Did you buy breakfast, lunch or dinner today? Donate the amount of one meal to benefit The INN’s programs.
Click here to make a monetary donation.
- MAKE A DONATION INN MEMORY OF A LOVED ONE – Click here to make a tribute gift in memory of a dear family member or friend.
- ATTEND AN UPCOMING INN EVENT – Want to try the best corned beef and pastrami on the island? Join us at our next fundraiser, Ben’s Olde Time NY Deli Celebration! $54 per person will get you a delicious meal for a great cause! Other fun events are coming up, click here for a full list and to purchase tickets!
- MAKE SANDWICHES FOR SOUP KITCHEN GUESTS- In addition to our daily hot meal, guests are also given a bagged lunch to go at the soup kitchen. Make sandwiches, or a full lunch, complete with a drink and snack.
Questions? Contact Dana Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 516-486-8506