HOLIDAY VOLUNTEERING INFORMATION
****PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL VOLUNTEER SLOTS FOR THANKSGIVING DAY HAVE BEEN FILLED****
There are some spots available to volunteer on Christmas Day 2017. To inquire about Christmas volunteering, please fill out the form below or click here. Please note that due to high demand over the holidays, opportunities are limited.
Completing an online application does not guarantee a volunteer opportunity.
You have our promise that we will do our best with our available resources. We thank you for thinking of us and hope that while you may not be able to donate your time to volunteer this year, you will consider supporting our efforts by donating funds or goods.
Our volunteers are a fundamental part of our success. Thanks to their dedication, passion and commitment to our mission, we are able to meet the needs of thousands of needy Long Islanders. Without them our mission could not be wholly fulfilled.
As a volunteer, you will provide much needed additional help and support to our organization, and we assure you that your experience at The INN will be an unforgettable one.
We currently have opportunities for individuals and groups to volunteer at the Mary Brennan INN soup kitchen, Center for Transformative Change (CTC) and our main office in Hempstead. All volunteer applicants must register for opportunities using our volunteer application form.
See below for details or scroll down to complete the form.
Click below for full descriptions of each volunteer opportunity
Here’s what our volunteers have to say:
- “We are able to assist people in some way that may make their lives a little better.”
- “Excellent aura of people working together for the goodness of others.”
- “This is a place of light and love. It is an honor to be here.”
- “We’re all races, religions, ages and walks of life coming together to help others who are similarly diverse.”
- “The sense of community service and working with like-minded volunteers.”
- “I can make a mess in the kitchen and still be thanked for it!”