Our volunteers are a fundamental part of our success. Thanks to their dedication, passion and commitment to our mission, we are able to meet the needs of thousands of needy Long Islanders. Without them our mission could not be wholly fulfilled.
Please be aware that due to Covid-19 restrictions, there have been changes to the operations at the soup kitchen and resource center, volunteer opportunities are limited.
There are opportunities available in the Mary Brennan INN soup kitchen and the clothing boutique for individuals and small groups (2-4 people max)
Volunteers assist with sorting and organizing perishable and non-perishable food, sorting and organizing non-food items such as toiletries and personal care items, clothing and more; assembling lunch bags, kitchen functions, assembling pantry and toiletry bags, and the everyone favorite – clean up!
All volunteer applicants must register in advance for opportunities using our volunteer application form
which includes details about shift times and available options. Click here or scroll down to access the form.
As a volunteer, you will provide much needed additional help and support to our organization, and we assure you that your experience at The INN will be an unforgettable one.
Click the links below for detailed information about our volunteer opportunities:
For Volunteer Groups
All volunteers must adhere to our guidelines, including those associated with Covid-19.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what our volunteers have to say:
- “We are able to assist people in some way that may make their lives a little better.”
- “Excellent aura of people working together for the goodness of others.”
- “This is a place of light and love. It is an honor to be here.”
- “We’re all races, religions, ages and walks of life coming together to help others who are similarly diverse.”
- “The sense of community service and working with like-minded volunteers.”
- “I can make a mess in the kitchen and still be thanked for it!”