As of 12/12/22, the Mary Brennan INN soup kitchen has reopened to allow guests to come in and sit down for a hot meal for the first time since March 2020. We welcome all interested volunteers to register to try it for a day or become a regular weekly volunteer.
- Volunteer shifts are available Monday-Friday between 8:30am and 4:00pm. (The soup kitchen is closed on weekends, no weekend shifts are available)
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years old. (For youth opportunities, click here).
- Groups of up to five people for the morning shift (8:30am-2pm) and up to five people in the afternoon shift (2pm-4pm) are welcome.
- All volunteers must be masked during their shifts until further notice.
- All interested volunteers must register on our website. An INN representative will then contact you to schedule a date for your shift.
Our volunteers are a fundamental part of our success. Thanks to their dedication, passion and commitment to our mission, we are able to meet the needs of thousands of needy Long Islanders. Without them our mission could not be wholly fulfilled.
Volunteers assist with sorting and organizing perishable and non-perishable food, sorting and organizing non-food items such as toiletries and personal care items, clothing and more; assembling lunch bags, kitchen functions, assembling pantry and toiletry bags, and the everyone favorite – clean up!
As a volunteer, you will provide much needed additional help and support to our organization, and we assure you that your experience at The INN will be an unforgettable one.
**NEW Visit our Volunteer Appreciation Page!
For Volunteer Groups
All volunteers must adhere to our guidelines, including those associated with Covid-19.
Questions? Send us an email at